Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Smoking Rant

I just feel the need to rant about smoking in Calgary. I know there's a new bylaw in force as of January 1, 2007, but that's a long way away! So I'm stuck at home while my friends go out without me. I don't blame them - it's cheap wings - but it's just so darn unfair that people's right to smoke in public interferes with my right to go out with my friends for cheap wings and be able to breathe while doing that. Grrrrr....
I mean really, if you want to abuse your body, totally go for it. Just don't do it somewhere where I can smell it! Why should I have to breath your smog and suffer through the resulting allergy symptoms? I hear smokers complain that they're being persecuted, and that they have the right to do what they want. One of my youth leaders used to say you have the right to swing your arms around, but when they infringe on someone else's personal space, your right ends. This is totally what he was talking about!
Ok, I think I'm done now! Only 4 and a half months to go - I can make it!

No comments: