Wednesday, July 04, 2007

And we're off!

We're leaving in just two hours to head to the airport and off to Ottawa for the LCC National Youth Gathering. I'm really excited about some parts of it (seeing all the people I know and the music) and I'm freaking out about some parts of (well, mostly just one - the cabana, which I've been in charge of organizing). I still need to shower and finish packing and feed the cats and water the plants and....ahhhhh....

But I thought I'd throw out a quick plug for Evan Almighty. Our 5th Anniversary was on June 23, and we went on a dinner and a movie date. I was a little skeptical, because I really didn't like Bruce Almighty at all - it was just too irreverent, too un-God like, and had waaaaay too much Jim Carey. But Evan Almighty was amazing - soooo good. It had a great message about faith and God's timing and families sticking together - it was really, really, really good. I highly recommend it! And it had really cute alpacas... :)

Did I mention we've been married for FIVE YEARS now? We've been together for 7 and a half years - it's crazy - sometimes it feels like only yesterday, and sometimes it feels like forever!

I'm sure we've been up to a lot in the last few weeks since my last post, but I can't remember any of it right now - all I can think about is making sure I've packed everything...probably a sign that I should be packing up my computer now! So stay tuned for photos from the capitol sometime next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm now home from the NYG in Ottawa. When I found your blog and the note about the gathering I just had to let you know how much my youth enjoyed the whole gatheing. Please let everyone know how blessed we all have been due to all the hard work everyone put into this event.May God Bless you and all you do in his name. Again thank you sooooooo much.