Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm still here!

I just realized how long it's been since I updated this! Despite the fact that we're so busy, there hasn't really been much going on that's been worth writing about. Mostly work, work, work!

I saw a few good movies in the last few weeks - Hairspray, No Reservations and Prairie Home Companion. Prairie Home Companion was good, but kind of melancholy. The other two were really good - Hairspray is definitely going on my wish list. I also went to see License to Wed, which actually wasn't that great. All of the funny moments were in the previews!

I've found this great website where you can go and play Scrabble - with other people who are on line, via email with a friend, or against a robot. It's great! I really enjoy it, especially since I can't alleviate the work-induced boredom with Facebook. :) http://www.scrabulous.com

On Saturday I went to my favourite used bookstore, in Inglewood, and found a few vintage children's books to add to my collection. I found three Enid Blyton paperbacks in almost new condition, which was very exciting for me! lol

This coming weekend is our church garage sale, and I'm looking forward to finding some fun stuff at that - we're getting rid of a fair bit of stuff at it though, so I'm really trying hard not to bring too much more home. We're getting 'new' couches tonight - it's kind of a long story as to how we came by them, but I'm really looking forward to having a proper couch. Hopefully we'll be able to keep the cats and their claws away from it!

No comments: